Thursday, July 23, 2009

If I could be Anywhere...

This bit of prose was handed to me the other day by a friend...apparently the writer has been in the gardens! This is how the gardens adjust our attitude toward where we are in life, and what life is really about! Enjoy!!
If I Could Be Anywhere
I Would Not be Here!
If I Could Be Anywhere
I Would Not be Here.
I would be where everyone was nice
and kind to each other.
I would be where nobody threw stones
and nobody cried.
If I Could Be Anywhere
I Would Not be Here.
I would be where no one was lonely
and everyone had at least three friends.
I would be where no one would laugh
when I made a mistake
and no one comes in last,
and everyone gets a prize just for trying.
If I Could Be Anywhere
I Would Not be Here,
but, I am here.
So I will bring where I want to be
to where I am.
I will find one that makes a mistake
and encourage him to keep trying.
I will look for the lonely
and say, “Can I sit with you?”
I will look for tears of hurt and sadness
and offer my towel of peace and joy.
I will search for the heartless
and give them part of mine.
So, if I bring where I want to be
to where I am,
then this is where I need to be.
Jeff Liles

No comments:

Post a Comment